Text “NFKHARBOR” to 888-777 for Norfolk Harbor race weekend street closures, parking updates and other important information.
Text “NFKPARADE” to 888-777 for Grand Illumination Parade updates.
On-street parking restrictions will vary in Downtown Norfolk from Friday, November 18, to Sunday, November 20. Please pay careful attention to posted NO STOPPING/NO PARKING signage regarding parking restrictions. We encourage you to use one of the many Downtown parking garages. For frequently asked questions about the parade and parking information, click here.
Parking rates vary throughout the weekend. Click here for rate schedule.
There are many options if you want to take advantage of public transportation, including advance online ticket sales to avoid lines.
Visit gohrt.com for details and to purchase tickets.
Freemason Parking and Access:
- RPPP Zoned Parking & Visitor Pass/Decal: Pass holders will be authorized to park on the top floor of the York Street Garage free of charge starting at 6 p.m. Friday through 3 p.m. Sunday due to the numerous on-street parking removals. Patrons should pull a ticket on entry and write the residential pass number on the ticket for exit.
- On Street Parking Removals: Please pay close attention to NO STOPPING/NO PARKING signage as parking is restricted at varied times throughout the weekend. Parking will be restricted on streets, including but not limited to: Bute Street, Duke Street, Dunmore Street, W. Tazewell Street, College Cross, Harbour Street (Sunday only), Brooke Avenue (Sunday only) and York Street (Sunday only).
- YMCA: Those trying to access the YMCA should park in the York Street Garage via Brambleton Avenue to W. York Street.
- You may experience slight delays while runners pass along the route.
- Those parked to the west of Dunmore Street should use Botetourt Street to Brambleton Avenue.
- Those parked to the east of Dunmore Street should use College Place to Boush Street on Saturday. On Sunday, use College Place or W. Freemason Street to Boush Street.
Please expect traffic delays in Downtown Norfolk on Saturday, November 19, between 3 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. – 10 p.m., and on Sunday, November 20, between 3 a.m. – 1 p.m. due to special events. Norfolk police will provide support during the traffic restrictions and allow access at any time it is safe to do so. Street closures will impact ingress and egress from downtown parking garages.
Saturday, November 19:
Norfolk Harbor 5K: Streets will be closed/restricted during the race and reopened when the last runner passes.
- The complete race course will be secured by 7:30 a.m. The race starts at 8 a.m. Click here for a map of the 5K course to view all impacted streets.
- Waterside Drive will be closed from approximately 4 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Boush Street, southbound at Brambleton, will be restricted from approximately 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Grand Illumination Parade: The police will begin rolling street closures for streets on and adjacent to the parade route by 6 p.m., unless otherwise noted. NOTE: These times are subject to change as directed by the Norfolk Police Department.
Route: The parade steps off at Main Street and St. Paul’s Boulevard and continues on Main Street to Granby Street; turns right on Granby Street to Freemason Street; turns left on Freemason Street to Boush Street; then left on northbound Boush Street to Waterside Drive and ends at the intersection of Waterside Drive and St. Paul’s Boulevard.
- Park Avenue (from Holt Street to Main Street) – closes at noon for parade staging.
- Water Street (from I-264 overpass east to Park Avenue) – closes at noon for parade staging.
- Waterside Drive
- St. Paul’s Boulevard (southbound from City Hall Avenue)
- Main Street
- Granby Street (from Main Street to Freemason Street)
- Boush Street (from Freemason Street to Main Street)
Waterside Drive Street Closure: Waterside Drive will reopen following the Grand Illumination Parade for egress out of Downtown. At approximately 10:30 p.m. westbound Waterside Drive will close from Atlantic Street to Main Street and eastbound will close from Main Street to Martins Lane. Waterside Drive will close completely at 4 a.m. on Sunday, November 20.
Sunday, November 20:
Norfolk Harbor Race Half Marathon & 10K: Streets will be closed/restricted for the races and reopened when the last runner passes.
- Both race courses will be secured by 7 a.m. Races start at 7:30 a.m. Click here for a map of the half marathon and click here for a map of the 10K.
For more information, visit: