The long-time local favorite returns for the 48th year at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Over the years, the Neptune Festival Boardwalk Weekend, Virginia Beach’s signature summer send-off, has grown to attract hundreds of thousands of locals as well as visitors from around the country and the globe. This event runs from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2 and features fun activities for all ages including concerts, a sand sculpting competition, a parade, a volleyball tournament, a sailboat regatta, surfing competition and more.
- International Sand Sculpting ChampionshipDates: Fri. Sept. 30 – Sun., Oct. 9
Location: 6th – 8th streets on the sand (entrance at 7th Street)
Admission: $7 per person, children 12 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Admission purchased on-site, cash only.
- Live MusicDates: Fri. Sept. 30 – Sun., Oct. 2
Location: 24th and 31st street stages
- Art & Craft ShowDates: Fri. Sept. 30 – Sun., Oct. 2
Location: 20th – 29th streets on the Boardwalk
- Grand ParadeDate: Sat., Oct. 1, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., rain or shine
Location: 16th – 32nd streets on Atlantic Ave.
- Poseidon’s Playground: Family Fun ZoneDate: Fri., Sept. 30 – Sun., Oct. 2 (check website for times)
Location: 17th Street Park
- Neptune’s 8K RaceDates: Sat., Oct. 1
Location: Start at 33rd Street on the Boardwalk, finish at 31st Street and Atlantic Ave.
The Kids Crab Crawler, a fun run for kids 10 and under, will also be available for $15. Pre-registration is required.
- Neptune’s Surfing ClassicDates: Sat., Oct. 1 – Sun., Oct. 2, 7:30 a.m.
Location: On the beach at 2nd Street
For more information, visit NeptuneFestival.com/events/boardwalk-weekend.