Pollinators are everywhere! Learn more about the vital role they play in our world’s ecosystem by visiting the Virginia Living Museum’s (VLM) newest exhibit, “Amazing Pollinators.” Open now through September 18, this exhibit is a visually stunning, game-based, role-play adventure that immerses audiences in the colorful and diverse world of pollinator/plant relationships.
Developed in collaboration with the Florida Museum of Natural History and the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation, the exhibit weaves fascinating stories with urgent messages about pollinators, the critical work they do, and their importance to people and the planet. Visitors can learn and interact with:
- Mission Maze, a thrilling interactive adventure: Traverse through the ecosystems and take on missions to learn about specific plants and animals.
- Bats & Birds: Discover how these aerial mammals and awesome avians contribute to pollination.
- The Night: Learn how plants and animals have evolved all over the world for night activity, seeking refuge from daytime dangers.
- Meet the Pollinators: Are pollinators just bees, or do other animals contribute to this process as well? See what makes an animal a pollinator and quiz yourself to see just how much you learned!
- Young Pollinator Activities: Dress up as a pollinator in the Suit-Up Zone and learn what it feels like to be a pollinator, build your own garden, or enjoy the Pollinator Pitch bean bag toss.
- Pollinator Parlor Games: Enjoy games that entertain and educate audiences of all ages about the world of pollinators.
In addition to the exhibit, the VLM has companion programs, including animal shows and daily science experiments. Visit the exhibit webpage for all the details. The VLM is located at 524 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard in Newport News and is open daily from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. For ticket and other information, visit www.thevlm.org.
Leave a Reply