Christopher Newport University’s (CNU) LifeLong Learning Society and Grounds Department are ready to help you get your yard and home ready for spring! Join them this Saturday, March 19 for the 23rd Annual Gardening Symposium. This year’s event will be held at the Freeman Center and includes plant sales, vendors, workshops, and an optional lunch. Discussions center around the 2022 theme of “Gorgeous Gardens: Historical, Practical and Beautiful.”
The goal of the symposium is to provide education to gardeners in our community. Past conference attendees included Master Gardeners, novices, and gardening enthusiasts from the peninsula and southside Hampton Roads.
Speakers and topics include:
- Brie Arthur, A New Era of Foodscaping
- Mary Kirk Cunningham, Harvest to Home
- Peter Hatch, Thomas Jefferson’s Revolutionary Garden
- Brent Heath, Chesapeake Bay Friendly Gardening
- Nicky and David Schauder, Introduction to Permaculture: 10 Crucial Steps for Growing Abundantly in Small Spaces.
Registration is open to all and is $35 per person. To learn more and sign up, visit cnu.edu/gardening