The York County Arts Commission invites all individuals and organizations to apply for grants in the arts that benefit the citizens of York County. The deadline for submissions is 4 p.m., Tuesday, March 1. Grant applications are available online at www.yorkcounty.gov/arts.
The following criteria is applicable to each individual or organization to determine eligibility for a project grant:
- Not-for-profit and exempt from federal income tax under provisions of the internal revenue code.
- Produce, present, or support dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, museums, visual and related arts.
- Perform or offer activities/services in York County, or in Williamsburg or James City County that also serve the citizens of York County.
- Performances, projects, or services not held in Williamsburg, James City County, or York County, which are deemed by the Commission to directly benefit the citizens.
- Performances, projects, or services are accessible to persons with disabilities and the public at large.
- Grant money is not to be used for capital investment or operating expenses.
The Arts Commission is once again offering a challenge grant up to $500 to promote citizen awareness of local and regional arts groups by showcasing their talents at various sites in York County. The grant provides funding support to eligible individuals and organizations to create and present their work, develop new programs, and increase opportunities for visual and performing arts groups to promote interest in their organizations.
Both project grant and challenge grant applications will be reviewed by the commission and funding recommendations made this spring. Pending approval by the Board of Supervisors, funds will be appropriated this summer.
For more information, please contact Minnie Sippio, Arts Commission liaison, at (757) 890-4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.