CHESAPEAKE — The Chesapeake City Council is seeking residents who may be interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Boards and commissions provide a vital service to various City departments, agencies and City Council.
Citizens wishing to serve must complete an application form. Applications are due in the City Clerk’s office by September 30, 2020. City Council will appoint candidates for these vacancies during its October 27, 2020 meeting.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following City Council appointed boards and commissions:
- Chesapeake Arboretum Advisory Board 3 vacancies
- Chesapeake Historic Preservation Commission 1 vacancy
- Chesapeake Hospital Authority 4 vacancies
- Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare Board 3 vacancies
(Citizen, CIBH Consumer or Family Member, Non-govt. Service Provider)
- Human Services Advisory Board 4 vacancies
- Natural Event Mitigation Advisory Committee 2 vacancies
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism Advisory Board 7 vacancies
(4 Citizens, 3 Tourism/Hospitality Reps)
- Planning Commission 3 vacancies
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee 1 vacancy