Rehabilitation project expected to take a couple of years
The Granby Street Rehabilitation Project begins next month with anticipated completion in late 2022. The bridge will undergo extensive repairs to extend its useable life. Both the bridge deck and the support structures will be repaired to address current corrosion and deterioration issues as well as improve the bridge’s condition.
The following conditions can be expected during construction:
• The speed limit on Granby Street will be temporarily reduced to 25 mph between 40th Street and W Arden Circle.
• The northbound and southbound side of the bridge will each be closed for up to six months. Northbound and southbound lanes will shift to the open side of the bridge.
• At least one travel lane will remain open in both directions at all times.
• One of the two existing sidewalks will be open at all times.
• The bike lane over Granby Street Bridge will be temporarily closed.
• The fishing pier will be temporarily closed.
Anticipated lane closure dates will be announced on message boards, norfolk.gov, nextdoor.com, and project update emails. For more information, please visit www.norfolk.gov/granbybridge.
Leave a Reply